MARRIAGE OF A NON CITIZEN TO A CITIZEN OF MAURITIUS
Documents to be produced at time of publication
(b) Birth Certificate.
(c) Divorce papers/Previous marriage certificate with annotation of divorce (If applicable)
(d) Death and Marriage certificates (If applicable).
(e) Certificate of character/morality from country of residence.
(f) Work/Residence permit (applicable to expatriates).
(g) Proof of financial means (Contract of employment or recent bank statement or recent salary slip).
(h) Medical certificate attesting that applicant party does not suffer from any infectious or contagious disease (from a medical officer practicing in Mauritius).
(i) Affidavit sworn before the Supreme Court of Mauritius against payment of Rs150 only.
(j) “Certificat de capacité à marriage” for French national (form available at the French Embassy, St. Georges Street, Port-Louis).
· The non citizen should have resided in Mauritius for a continuous period of seven (7) days immediately preceding the date of publication of marriage.
· The publication of a proposed civil marriage between a non-citizen and a citizen of Mauritius is made only at the Central Civil Status Office in Port-Louis.
· The non-citizen should be the holder of a valid marriage visa issued by the Immigration Office.
· Civil Marriage between a non-citizen and a citizen shall take place at the Central Civil Status Office in Port-Louis after a minimum period of ten (10) days as from the date of publication.
· Two witnesses are required to be present at time of the marriage ceremony.
(a) Birth Certificate issued within the last three months.
(b) National Identity Card.
(c) Marriage certificate with annotation of divorce (if applicable).
(d) Death and Marriage certificates (if applicable).
· A woman willing to contract a second marriage before the expiry of 300 days since the dissolution of her first marriage by divorce or death must produce a medical certificate of non pregnancy.
· Where any party cannot produce (a) and (b) above, he may instead produce an affidavit.
*All documents to be submitted in original copies duly authenticated and photocopies.